Fogging is a method of disinfection where the disinfectant chemicals are dispersed in an exceptionally fine mist. This settles onto surfaces and kills germs and fungus. The method is generally used to avoid disturbing the environment and to access nooks and crannies.
Fogging provides an additional layer of protection after cleaning to eliminate COVID-19.
For schools to begin safely operating, they should maintain healthy operations and take extra steps to ensure student and facility safety. Here are some protocols that can be implemented to mitigate risk:
- Require students and staff to wear face masks.
- Prohibit handshaking.
- Frequent hand washing should be encouraged.
- Encourage social distancing measures.
- Restructure classroom and cafeteria layouts to make physical distancing guidelines easy to follow and minimally disruptive.
- Install signage throughout the building to remind everyone of new safety protocols in place.
- Regularly disinfect high-touch areas
- Provide hand sanitizer in each classroom and bathroom with at least 70% alcohol or install sanitization stations in the hallways.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette by providing ample tissues and no-touch disposal bins.
- School cafeterias should employ the same safety and cleaning standards as restaurants, including providing wrapped plastic silverware, no coverings at tables (unless they are disposable), etc.
- Hand dryers in bathrooms should not be used.
- Stay up to date on state and CDC guidelines.
Disease outbreak is an extremely serious situation. If a COVID-19-impacted area is not properly disinfected, it could lead to further virus transmission.
Deep sanitising must become part of your school’s regular cleaning regime. Manual cleaning with disinfectant is best practice to eradicate surface bacteria, if this is done alongside ULV Fogging then airborne pathogens and hard to reach places will be kept germ free too.
If someone in your school has shown symptoms of Covid 19 or indeed has been diagnosed with it, we can quickly and easily sanitise the workspace using ULV Fogging. ULV fogging disperses a fine mist or fog of high-grade disinfectant that kills 99.999% of pathogens. The particles are so small that they remain suspended in the air long enough to kill both airborne and surface-based viruses and bacteria. It is far reaching so eliminates pathogens in hard-to-reach places; ceilings, walls, crevices as well as furniture, floors, and equipment, leaving them safe to use. To maintain the highest level of hygiene and peace of mind, we carry out ULV fogging either daily, several times a week or weekly. This is applicable if your school is being cleaned on a regular basis by your usual cleaner. We would come and use the ULV fogger throughout the school to help eradicate pathogens.
We offer our Covid-19 School ULV Fogging Service for schools across Dublin and nationwide.